Apple Cider Vinegar – Does it Work for Acne Scars?
Apple cider vinegar has a reputation for being almost a miracle cure for acne prone skin. While it is very good for eliminating pimples and preventing acne from forming, it is that more efficient for getting rid of acne scars.
Apple cider vinegar is produced by fermentation, a process that turns sugar into acetic acid. While all vinegars go through the same process of fermentation, they still keep the flavors and benefits of their ingredients. So using apple vinegar is not the same as using wine vinegar. The latter is much stronger and should not be applied to the skin.
Apple cider vinegar can be used both internally and topically. Internally, it aids digestion by providing the body with important enzymes. In many cases, acne is the result of poor digestive health. Harmful bacteria can multiply inside the small or large intestine and create issues. This usually happens in people that have taken antibiotics for long periods of time.
If you plan to drink apple cider vinegar, make sure that you choose a reputable brand that sells organic vinegar. Start by drinking half a teaspoon in a large glass of water once a day right before your meals. Increase gradually to a maximum amount of one teaspoon in a glass of water three times a day. Apple cider vinegar will also get rid of toxins in your blood stream, get rid of allergies, help you lose weight, and get rid of yeast infections. All of these will help eliminate acne from the inside out.
Our skin pH is somewhere near a value of 5.5, so it is acidic. Our skin needs to keep a proper pH in order to stay healthy and free of bacterial infections. Apple cider vinegar also works very well because it stabilizes the skin pH. Many cosmetic products, such as creams and toners, have an alkaline pH. Thus, they can create imbalances and they also make it harder for our skin to heal itself.
How to use apple cider vinegar to get rid of acne scars?
- Start by using dilute apple cider vinegar. Mix one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water and apply it to your whole face. Make sure not to rub the skin as it can become irritated. You can also mix a big bowl of lukewarm water with one tablespoon apple cider vinegar and wash your face with it two times a day.
- It is normal for your skin to sting while you use apple cider vinegar. You will adjust to it after a few applications. Make sure to increase the apple cider vinegar dose as your skin gets accustomed to it.
- Try to be consistent when using apple cider vinegar. The scars will not go away right away, but they should greatly improve within a month’s time.
- Since some skin types get accustomed to apple cider vinegar very quickly, it is a good idea to alternate it with lemon juice. Use lemon juice one day, and apple cider vinegar the following day. Lemon juice is also very good for fading acne marks, but make sure to always mix it with water as it can be a little irritating.
- You can also prepare a mask from clay mixed with apple cider vinegar. It will work very well on removing any toxins from the skin, and it will prevent new pimples from forming. You can use any type of clay, but green clay is very good for cosmetic use.
- A treatment that can work very well for eliminating even the worst acne marks, is the lemon water and apple cider vinegar method. You need to add one lemon juice to the water that you drink, no more than one teaspoon per glass. Also, wash your face every morning with water mixed with a little apple cider vinegar. The vitamin C from the lemon will help your skin regenerate from the inside.
Whenever you use apple cider vinegar or lemon water internally, make sure that you don’t get any adverse reactions. People with a history of peptic ulcer or gastritis should refrain from drinking anything that is acidic.apple cider vinegar can improve the appearance of your skin within two months of continue use. The key to natural treatments is to be persistent and continue even if you don’t see a result right away.
EXPLORE MORE REMEDIES FOR ACNE SCARS
|Types of Acne Scars||Home Remedies for Acne Scars||Natural Oils that Treat Acne Scars|
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
|What is Acne?||Common Causes of Acne – What Triggers Acne||Medicinal and Topical Treatments||Natural Remedies for Acne|
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-38387196-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);