5 Home Remedies for Acne
Acne is an inflammatory condition that affects the sebaceous glands and the hair follicle. Sebum is normally eliminated through the follicle without any problem. In people that are prone to acne, the sebum gets blocked inside the follicle which leads to an inflammatory condition of the skin.
Although the causes of acne can be very different for each individual, there are home remedies that can reduce and even eliminate inflammation. Natural home remedies have antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. In addition, they don’t lead to bacterial resistance such as antibiotics.
Here are 5 effective Home Remedies to help you Get Rid of Acne Naturally:
1. Clay mask for acne is one of the most simple and efficient remedies you can prepare at home. Clay dries up existing pimples without causing excessive dryness. Clay also has the amazing property of being able to absorb toxins from deep inside the skin.
You will need to buy green or white clay, which you will use every day on your skin. Put 2 tablespoons of clay in a wooden or ceramic bowl and mix with a little water or lemon juice until you form a manageable paste. Apply the mask and leave it on until it dries up, then remove it with lukewarm water. The lemon can also help reduce acne scars, but it can sting a little until your skin gets used to it. For sensitive skin it is best to avoid lemon juice and use only water.
2. Cinnamon and honey mask is well-known for its antibacterial and emollient properties. Honey can heal and nourish the skin very efficiently, while cinnamon has very good antiseptic properties. You will need 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon which you will mix with 2-3 tablespoons raw honey. Apply the paste to your skin and leave it on for 3-4 hours. Make sure to use only raw honey that has not been pasteurized in order to get the full benefits of all the nutrients that honey contains.
3. Pomegranate juice can be a wonderful remedy for getting rid of acne in your home. It contains a lot of anti-oxidants, as well as vitamins A, C and E which are essential for healthy skin. Pomegranate juice can reduce inflammation and prevents pimples from forming. You will need to drink one glass of fresh pomegranate juice per day in order to see results. You can also apply it to your face as a toner every night. It will heal the skin faster and dry up the existing pimples. Make sure to use only fresh pomegranate juice, and not store-bought juice. Even the organic juices are pasteurized which makes them lose many of their curative properties.
4. Aloe vera gel is a very good natural home remedy for acne. This plant is famous for its many curative properties, including the ability to heal the skin faster. Aloe vera gel also works as a natural moisturizer that helps the skin stay hydrated without clogging the pores. You will need to have a fresh Aloe vera plant from which you can cut leaves and remove the gel from inside. Apply a little bit of gel all over your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. You can rinse with lukewarm water. To prevent allergic reactions, make sure to test it first on a little patch of skin before applying it to your face.
5. Egg white mask is extremely efficient in getting rid of active acne. It can also improve the overall appearance of the skin by reducing the red or dark acne marks. In addition, egg whites also have anti-aging and lifting effects for the skin. This is due to the fact that egg whites contains vitamin B3 or niacin which improves blood circulation. They also contain vitamin B2, magnesium, potassium, sodium, and sulfur. You will need to whip 1 egg white until you get a frothy consistency. Apply this to your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. You will notice very good results in very little time. The egg yolk can be used as a hair mask to prevent hair loss.
These remedies for getting rid of acne naturally should be used for at least a week. Persistent acne also needs to be treated from the inside out. Diet, exercise and reducing stress are very important for healthy skin.
You’ll find a wide selection of quality
When you click through the above links, you automatically enjoy:
- $10 off your first order of $40 or more; or $5 off orders less than $40!
- FREE International Shipping on orders over $40.
- Economical shipping for orders $40 and below.
EXPLORE MORE NATURAL REMEDIES FOR ACNE
|6 Natural Remedies for Acne||5 Home Remedies for Acne||Supplements that Help You Fight Acne|
|Natural Oils to Treat
Regimen to Treat Acne
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
|Natural Oils to Treat
|Common Causes of Acne||Medicinal and Topic Treatments||How to Get Rid of Acne Scars|